Monday, July 25, 2011

A couple minutes...

to relax before the rush. This morning it was taking the sheets off the beds to wash and trying to get the majority of the laundry done before the two young men arrive. The one coming to learn how to do concrete is being dropped off by his family tonight. That means there will be at least 12 at the supper table tonight! Guess I'm getting practice cooking for a crowd anyway...

This afternoon was the ultrasound. I think that, although I could tell what the gender of the baby is, I will leave you in suspense for another couple months:). That's part of the fun, right? While there I saw and talked to the same Hutterite lady that was at Caleb Village last night. They seem to be just as curious about us as we are about them. They always seem surprised that we actually have a garden and that we don't have our mothers living with us. They asked me today, "Who's going to take care of you after the baby comes?" They were shocked when I said, "no one". In their culture they are taken care of for several weeks and fed special foods, while a teenager or woman from the colony comes in to take care of the children, house and most of the new baby's needs. I'll admit that it wouldn't be too bad to have help for a couple days, but we like to settle in as a family and get back into the routine of things as soon as possible. When other people, even family, come I always feel like I need to be taking care of them and even make sure that the house is clean before they arrive. So, really it's more work for me to have someone come after the baby is born than if we just do things as usual.
After the ultrasound I headed to the grocery store. We still have a fair amount of food after last week, but no milk, fruit or veggies. I'm not sure how much these two young men can eat and whatever we don't need for them we'll need for the in-laws and missionaries this weekend.

Have I mentioned how thankful I am to be feeling better. I still don't seem to have enough hours in the day to accomplish everything, but we try to get the necessary things done and keep on going.

This afternoon Scott went out to use the riding lawn mower. A friend is letting us borrow it for a couple months. What a blessing! He looked like he was having way to much fun on it, to really call it work:). He pretty much finished the yard in about an hour(that used to take a week or two with the push mower because he'd have the energy to do about a half hour each night.

Better get back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment