We've been really busy this week with house renos. Lots of painting going on. I've found that I really don't like the prep work, but the actual painting is quite fun:). It leaves little time for blogging and I think I'm going to wait a bit to post pictures. It's done for the most part, but I'd like to get the pictures back up and a few more things before the big REVEAL:)))). I'm LOVING the new color! It truly makes a HUGE difference in how things look. We also need to pick up at least one lamp. The other one wasn't working, so it's now lawn funiture. Those living in the country know what I'm talking about. This morning I looked out the window and Elyssia had turned on the lower light and was sitting under it. She truly looked like a little homeless waif. It made me laugh though. She'd gone out to feed the cats and decided to stay awhile.
The weather here has continued to be nice and sunny. LOVING this winter. I don't think I can say that enough. It seems so much like Spring and the little bugs seem to think so too. The boys saw a ladybug crawling around at the church. That was a surprise. Aren't they supposed to be sleeping?
Today was quite enjoyable for many different reasons.
- Addie slept 10 hours straight last night:)!
- Elyssia finished school quickly this morning.
- We headed into town and Scott watched E and K while I took the boys and Addie on a date to A&W. Addie slept the whole time and I had a lot of fun with the boys. They both took turns ordering their food, they remembered their manners and were complimented by several people while we were there.(This is not always the norm at home, so I was thankful that they were on their best behavior).
- I was able to take all 5 shopping and we enjoyed good behavior for that too:)!
- There was time to bake Lemon Crinkles and enjoy the sunshine this afternoon.
- We had a delicious supper.
- The kids fell asleep right away when we put them to bed at 7.
- The curtain I made is now hanging in the 2nd guest bedroom(now I need to make 2 more for the other one, plus one for the girls room).
- I got a second wind, which enable me to post this, but I'd better head to bed now.
Most of all I'm thankful for my salvation, family and friends. I'm Really Thankful to have another day to live for the Lord and enjoy the family and friends that He has blessed us with.